A grisly weapon that seals the energys of elementals for its own use.
The Sepulcher Magic Mace
Within the haft of this mace can be glimmering glass tubes that work their way into the mace’s head, where they form piercing spikes.
Critical: 2d6, +1d6 per sealed Elemental (becomes d10s against elementals)
Enhancement: +2 attack rolls and damage rolls, +1 for each sealed elemental
Seal Elemental: (At-Will) Minor Action, You mark an elemental within 5 squares until the end of your next turn. If the elemental dies while the mark remains, you seal it if you have an open slot.
Unleash Elemental (At-Will): Minor Action, You choose which elemental slot to use and gain its benefits until the end of the encounter or you use this power again.
Seal Slot: An empty space to hold and elemental
Seal Slot: An empty space to hold an elemental
Seal Slot: An empty space to hold an elemental
Final Seal (unlocked at lv. 21): An empty space to hold an elemental, enhances captured elemental.
Depending on which elemental is captured, the effects of the slots change. The numbers are how many of each type you have captured. (I.e if you had 2 silt elementals and 1 fire elemental you would gain the 1 and 2 abilities of the Silt elemental branch, and the 1 ability of the fire elemental branch).
1) Crashing Silt (Daily): Move action, Shift your speed, during this shift, you can enter enemies spaces, but you cannot end your turn in one. Each enemy that you pass through in this way take your highest ability modifier damage and is slowed until the end of your next turn.
2) Add half this item’s enhancement bonus to damage rolls against targets that are slowed or immobilized.
3) You ignore difficult terrain produced by silt, and can walk on it as if it was solid ground. Additionally, when you shift you can shift 2 additional squares.
1) Maw of Flame: (At-Will): Minor action, your attacks deal fire damage in addition to their normal damage types until the end of your turn.
2) Burning Flames (Daily): Free Action: Trigger: You hit an enemy with a weapon attack using this mace, effect: the target takes ongoing 10 fire (save ends)
3) Forged in Fire (At-Will): Minor Action: You transform this weapon into another weapon of your choice until the end of the encounter or your use this power again.
Property: You can add half this weapon’s enhancement bonus on attacks that have the fire keyword.
1) Stirring the Storm (At-Will): Minor Action, your attacks deal lightning damage In addition to their normal damage types until the end of your turn.
2)Breath of Fresh Air (Daily): Minor Action, close burst 5, effect: You or an ally can roll a saving throw and regain a number of hit points equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus.
3)Property: Allies gain a +2 item bonus to saving throws while adjacent to you.
1) Property: You gain a bonus to saves against conditions that immobilize you, this bonus is equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus.
2): Reshape the Earth (Daily): Choose one of the following:
→ Create a block of obsidian within 5 squares of you, has 10 AC and Reflex and 10 HP.
→ Create a field of flowing magma, all squares in a close burst 1 become difficult terrain until the end of your next turn. Any creature, besides you, that enters or starts its turn in this area take damage equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus. It can only take this damage once per turn.
3) Property: Whenever you score a critical hit with a weapon attack using this weapon, the target is also restrained until the end of your next turn.
1) Trembling Earth (Daily): Minor Action, close Blast 5, Effect: The squares in the blast become difficult terrain until the end of the encounter. Additionally, you push all creatures in the blast one square from you.
2): Property: When you hit an immobilized target with a weapon attack using this weapon, you can also knock the target prone.
3) Property: You ignore difficult terrain that has to do with hard ground, rubble, or rock. Additionally, you can reduce the distance of a push, pull, or slide against you by one square.
1) Breath of Winter (At-Will): Minor action, your attacks deal cold damage in addition to their normal damage types until the end of your turn.
2) Fall of the Mythic Snow (Daily): Minor Action, close burst 2, effect: You create a zone of glistening dry snow until the end of your next turn. While in the zone, you and allies can shift an additional square while shifting. Enemies in the zone who shift to another square in the zone fall prone.
3)Property: You can ignore difficult terrain caused by ice and snow. Additionally, you can add half this weapon’s enhancement bonus on weapon attacks using this weapon that deal cold damage.
Final Seals: You unlock this seal at level 21, This is a special slot and acts independent of the other slots (I.e. A fire elemental here does not grant an ability from the Fire elemental list even if it ordinarily would).
Silt: Property: Whenever you move at least three squares from your starting square, swirling sands erupt from the ground, granting you concealment.
Fire: Property: You gain resist 20 fire. Additionally, whenever you shift, the square you left becomes a zone of burning flames until the end of your next turn. Creatures that enter the zone or starts its turn there take fire damage equal to your Primary Ability Modifier, a creature can only take this damage once per turn.
Air: Property: You gain resist 20 lightning. Additionally, you gain a fly speed of 6 squares, but you must end your movement on the ground or fall.
Magma: You gain You ignore the damage reduction when using this weapon to attack a petrified target. Additionally, enemies you hit with a weapon attack with this weapon gain vulnerable 10 cold until the end of your next turn.
Earth: You gain resist 5 all damage. Whenever you would be knocked prone, you can roll a saving throw, if you succeed you can remain standing and shift one square. Additionally, whenever you shift, the square you leave can becomes difficult terrain until the end of the encounter if you choose.
Ice: You gain resist 20 Cold. Additionally, enemies treat all squares adjacent to you as difficult terrain. Also, whenever you hit an adjacent enemy with a melee weapon attack using this weapon, you can slide one ally adjacent to you or the target one square.
The story of The Sepulcher varies from place to place. Some say a ancient mage created the mace to help him control his elemental servants. Others say that it was created for a warrior that sought revenge against such creatures. And still some believe that a gladiator had it forged to help him handle any situation.
Regardless, the mace holds a bad reputation amongst the elemental creature of the world, and the very sight of such a weapon could inspire a violent rage against the bearer or send the creatures fleeing for safety. Once trapped, there is no escape for them unless the weapon is destroyed, a terrible fate for anything to have to face.